Algonkian Lodging
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone!

Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Hi everyone!

Post  NathanCarriker Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to introduce myself and maybe strike up a convo or two with some of you to break the ice a little before the conference.

I go by Nate or Nathan, I buy food and pay most of the bills by flying for American Airlines, but I'm attending this conference in hope of polishing my mainstream (and/or thriller, and/or family saga - hence my difficulties, you'll see!) manuscript and/or query so I can get it out there already! Took me five years to write it, and it's rather bloated at the moment, at 161,000 words, but it's my love and joy and I'll take it to my grave and force someone on the other side to read it, out of pity if nothing else! ;-) I've been beating my head against the walls for a couple of years now, and have to be doing at least one thing wrong, and I can't wait to find out what.

Like most of us these days, cash isn't something I'm having trouble finding places to store, but I didn't want to have to pay rack rates for a room on short notice, so I went ahead and just got one for myself at the Marin Suites next door to the Best Western. My understanding is that it's an all-suite hotel, so it seems like another CLEAN, reasonably moral, preferably married w/kids, 20-60 year old guy (sorry girls - I could deal with it, but the Lovely Wife probably wouldn't be so easygoing! ;-) could probably stay with me without us driving each other too crazy, at least not in 3 nights. Privacy's nice, but money's nice too, so if you think we might get along ok and you'd like to save some money for stamps and SASEs, drop me a note and we'll can see if we'd be compatible roomies for the weekend and save ourselves about $50 a night, counting taxes. (total bill for the 3 nights was $289.71)

I'll be happy to show anyone interested the prepaid bill, but would like to ask that you do as I did and prepay your bill, just so we don't have any "distractions" during the conference.

I expect this to be one of the high points of my year and can't wait for it to come. Hope to get to chat with as many of you as possible before we meet in person - about the room or anything else!

P.S. I'll plan to fly into SFO Thursday afternoon or evening and go back when it's all over Sunday.

Nathan Carriker
nathancarriker@yahoo.com
www.writingtakesflight.com
http://nathancarriker.blogspot.com/[u]

NathanCarriker

http://www.writingtakesflight.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum